G! Girlfriends Upcoming Events:
This Is My Sacred Yes! – A special Aspire Women’s event with Sheila Walsh, is coming to Littleton on Friday, February 17, 2017. We have reserved seats at the group rate of $20.00 per ticket. We will carpool to Littleton & have dinner before the event. If you are interested, please contact Barbara Hooks, Michelle Stephans or Robin Olschner.
BOOK GROUPS – Anyone is welcome to join any of the groups at any time!
BOOK CHAT – Evening Group is reading – “Two From Galilee” by Marjorie Holmes. We will meet on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 to discuss the book at 7:00 pm at Michelle Stephan’s home. Please see below for a list of books we have read.
GLAM – Daytime group is reading “A Man Called Ove” by Fredrik Backman. We will meet Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 10:00 am. at Panera 77th & Wadsworth to discuss this book.
Game Nights: The 2nd Friday of every month at Trinity in the library. We meet at 7:00, bring board games, cards, whatever you love to play. Munchies are always welcome, bring your own drink of choice. Not just for the girls, this event is all adults are welcome!
Girls Night Out: Movie Nights are the 4th Wednesday of every month. We meet at the Westminster Promenade to see a movie previously announced. The pick for January 25, 2017 is “Hidden Figures”. Often, we get together for dinner prior to the movie. Let us know if you are interested & you will be added to the email list. We meet at the theater for the showing time closest to 7:00 pm. Tickets and refreshments are on your own. See you at the movies!
SEWCRAFTY – A group that meets the 2nd & 4th Friday of each month in the Library at Trinity at 1:00pm. This is open to all, bring the projects you are working on and all the equipment you need. We do provide irons, ironing boards, tables & chairs. Some ladies knit, some crochet, some quilt, some work on scrapbooks, all sewing & crafting projects welcome. AND, we LOVE it when you share what you are working on!
Books read by Book Chat:
- Who Do I talk to…Neta Jackson
- Where Do I Go…Neta Jackson
- Who Do I Lean On…Neta Jackson
- Where is My Shelter…Neta Jackson
- The Language of Flowers…Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Into the Free…Julie Cantrell
- The Life of Pi…Yann Martel
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind…William Kamkwamba
- When Mountains Move…Julie Cantrell
- The Red Tent…Anita Diamant
- Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt…Anne Rice
- Prayers For Sale…Sandra Dallas
- The Shape of Mercy…Susan Meissner
- The Mermaid Chair…Sue MonkKidd
- The Bridge…Karen Kingsbury
- Time Keeper…Mitch Albom
- The Light Between Oceans…M.L. Steadman
- The Hiding Place…Corrie Ten Boom
- The Prayer Box…Lisa Wingate
- The Last Sin Eater…Francine Rivers
- All The Light We Cannot See…Anthony Doerr
- Eve…William Paul Young
- Leota’s Garden…Francine Rivers
- Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
- Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas
- Seeing Things by Patti Hill
- Two From Galilee: The Story of Mary And Josephh by Marjorie Holmes